Thursday, May 3, 2012

Summary

Digital File Preparation I thought was going to be a hard class at first. I was almost scared of the teacher. When she started explaining about the blogs and the grade sheets, and the master image list, I thought I was going to go crazy this semester.  We started our first project, self notepad, and I learned a lot. I learned that you should illustrate in illustrator and fix photos in PhotoShop, then bring them all in InDesign. This was kind of a pain though. I also learned not to forget to fill out the copyright information!

Over the semester, this course had me designing what I wanted to design. That is what I really liked about the class, being able to express your own work. The class was a great experience for me.

What I didn't like about the course were the blogs twice a week. I would suggest a blog being due once a week, but just have more criteria for them. I feel like that's less grading for my teacher! We put in so much work with our projects that the blogs can be overwhelming. Another suggestion is maybe have blogs due at the end of the week or on a Sunday night by a certain time. I'm not saying I disliked the blogs because I actually got a lot out of them. I learned a lot of information having to look up answers and sourcing.

My favorite Project was the magazine ad and billboard. I'm glad that my teacher combined both of them. I liked this project because you really had to think how you were going to design the ad to where your target audience would not just skip past it when reading the magazine. For the billboard, I had to understand what people would look for when driving past a billboard ad.

Overall, I feel proud of the projects I designed. There may be a few items I would change on some though.

No comments:

Post a Comment